POSITIVITY

SAIAN

SKINCARE BLOG

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Book Review: "The Paris Architect" by Charles Belfoure

Those who know me, usually see me carry 2 or 3 books in my purse... Last month I switched books, leaving "The Paris Architect" on my nightstand, but I revisited it, and finished it in two days! Belfoure's heart wrenching novel so intensely drew me in, that I couldn't put it down, no matter how much I tried. 

This book is an incredibly intense, heartfelt story set in wartime Paris, of a young Frenchman who didn't consider himself a good Christian, but agreed to conspire in a plot to hide Jews from the Gestapo.  The dangers Jews faced, the conditions they had to live in, the persecution, the pain of families being separated, and the courage of the gentiles hiding and rescuing people they hardly knew just because they were fellow human beings. This book will open your heart, and prove that people are inherently good, they can nurture, love and care for others, no matter the religion. Tears rolled down my face as I read the last chapter, and a warm feeling of pride for the human race came over me. Who could have known that an architect could write in such a genius manner. Bravo, Mr. Belfoure!

No comments:

Post a Comment