POSITIVITY

SAIAN

SKINCARE BLOG

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Music for Your Spa - Music for Your Soul

Every time I am in Hong Kong, my home away from home, I put a day aside to visit the Giant Tian Tan Buddha on Landau island. This is one of my favorite places in the world - a peaceful, tranquil mountain where monks chant in the Po Lin monastery, and the fragrant sandalwood insence is burned while prayers and chants are sung. The Giant Buddha sits atop a mountain, waiting for visitors to get to him by cable car. Tian Tan Buddha (天壇大佛) is 112 feet tall, and sits atop a lotus throne surrounded by 6 devas. It's incredible, the statue is so huge, it can even be seen from Macau on a clear day!

The best memory of Landau and Tian Tan Buddha, for me, is the music I bought while I was on the island. I have never heard of Imee Ooi before, but the chants were so pleasant and relaxing, that I bought 3 albums, and have been listening to them for the last 3 years! Being in the spa industry for so many years (almost 17!) I know the positive difference beautiful and relaxing music can make for your spa/salon/treatment room. Guests will remember your massages and facials, and will absolutely float on a cloud of bliss when they hear Imee Ooi. Her music is available on iTunes HERE: 


Here are a couple of samples on YouTube:



No comments:

Post a Comment