POSITIVITY

SAIAN

SKINCARE BLOG

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Casa Hogar Sion Holiday Trip

Hello beautiful friends! I hope you enjoyed my previous post about my last month's Casa Hogar Sion volunteer visit to Tijuana, Mexico. Here are some photos from yesterday's trip to Casa Hogar Sion. 

This orphanage houses from 80-100 children at a given time, and it receives ZERO funding from the government, just like all Tijuana orphanages. All the money raised by volunteers and donors goes DIRECTLY for essential supplies for the kids - toothpaste, toothbrushes, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, school uniforms and other essentials. You can help by monetary donations, or by purchasing the supplies, and bringing them with you on the trip.

These kids are beautiful, fun, grateful and full of promise! As you remember, this volunteer trip is made possible by Corazon De Vida which is a non-profit.  The last time I came, I had the privilige of helping out in the kitchen, so I signed up for that task again. It was easy, and a wonderful way to help out.  I hope the photos encourage you to join me on the next trip, or to help me raise some much-needed funds. Remember, the money doesn't go to buy toys or fancy clothing - it's directly feeding the children, and making sure they have enough supplies for daily sustenance.



 

https://www.crowdrise.com/DashasCasaSionFundraiser/fundraiser/dashasaian

Here is the link to help me raise funds for the children. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment