POSITIVITY

SAIAN

SKINCARE BLOG

Sunday, December 21, 2014

15 Minute Vegan Lettuce Tacos

I love weekends, and you can bet I would rather spend more time with my friends and family, than toil away in the kitchen! For this reason, I would like to show you a lunchtime snack your family will adore! I call these little lettuce bowls my 15 minute vegan tacos. You can work with whatever ingredients you have on hand - today I had zucchini, cherry tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and cilantro. Easy no cook recipe calls for:

INGREDIENTS (I only use organic):
Zucchini 2 medium
Butter Lettuce
Garbanzo Beans, boiled 1 cup
Cherry Tomatoes 1 cup
Cilantro 1/4 cup chopped
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Flaxseed oil 1 tablespoon
Sea Salt to taste


I use my beloved spiralizer to make zucchini noodles, add to that the garbanzo beans, and the cherry tomatoes. I cut mine in half to make it fit in one bite down on as you eat. Add the cilantro, lemon juice, and oil,  and combine well. Scoop this mixture into the lettuce, and serve! I suggest just eating these like tacos - it gets a bit messy, but it's out of this world delicious! I am disappointed that my avocados were too hard, but an avocado would make the PERFECT topping for this taco!

Hope you try this little fun "salad" for lunch today, and feel light and energized all day long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment