POSITIVITY

SAIAN

SKINCARE BLOG

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Self Care - Acupuncture


How well do you take care of your body and mind? I, for one, make my own well-being my #1 priority. I have an intense work schedule, and I take my personal health commitments as I take my work-seriously! This means 5 sessions a week with the best personal trainer in town, and 2 sessions a week with my amazing acupuncturist! On days like today, I get to work at 2pm, but it's a loss I'm prepared for. I'll be working from home later tonight. 

When my mom and I started our company, we were working all day, every day, 7 days a week. We didn't have money or time to get massages, acupuncture, go to the gym, have a trainer, or eat organic food. It was go, go, go, all the time, without stopping. In 2007, I was finishing college, working at a spa as a receptionist in the evenings and on weekends, going to beauty school on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and dancing in a my mom's dance troupe on weekend nights for some cash. That's basically how we could afford groceries, because all the money was going into the business. 

I remember we used to sit and fill bottles with serums and cremes all evening, and stick labels on them, so that we could drive to San Diego at 5am, to teach a class at a beauty school at 8am, and hopefully sell something. Those were really good times, and, most importantly, I spent those crazy times with my mom... she never got the luxury to rest until she got cancer, and she wasn't used to lying down, that was new to her. She wanted to keep going. Now, I value every opportunity I get to spend time and money on ME. I know she looks down on me and oh happy to see me doing so well, and taking care of myself like I have been caring for her for the last 3 years we had together.

2 comments: